Thursday, February 28, 2013

The Escape Goat


     The snarky goat escaped his pen again. Too long had the trees suffered the abuse of that salivating brute. I braced myself for battle. The land shall feel his terror no more. My skin chilled as I remembered the wet stench of his hide, that stench that had seared my nostrils in our previous encounter ten minutes ago. Many times we had fought, and he always escaped my grasp; but not this day. I would vanquish this villainous albino demon. 
     I tiptoed silently through the dry grass with the dexterity of a ballerina on stilts. The red-eyed savage’s ear pricked. My fingers tingled at the thought of them around the throat of his pestilency. 
     He continued his placid mastication, and I approached. I was ten feet away when his tail stopped moving and he began turning his thick head. 
     The adrenaline made me feel like time was traveling through jello. I leaped. Whoever said man can’t fly did not see me that day. I joined the realm of the gods for an eternity that was too brief. The goat did not know what hit him, but whatever it was wasn't conscious enough to chase after it when it bolted. 

No comments:

Post a Comment