Saturday, January 19, 2013

People Should Have Pets


Children should have pets. Owning critters builds character. I learned many valuable life and death lessons from my pets I would not have learned any other way. I discovered mortality because of an experience with a goldfish. One day I returned from school and Goldy was hovering in the waters downside up. My mom had poured chlorinated tap-water into the fishbowl. Therefore, Goldy shriveled and floated up like a dead goldfish in a fishbowl.
Another enlightening experience that happened to me was with my pet rooster. Chanticleer had the chicken flu, so I decided to ease his passing. That was the plan. I flourished a machete and set Chanticleer on the stump. I swung, but at the last moment, I chickened out. Whenever you decide to do something, do it with all your might. If not, you could end up chasing a half decapitated rooster over the river and through the wood and finishing him off the hard way.  I did not hit him as hard as I should have, and Chanticleer sprung, ran off and I exclaimed.
There is no better way for children to learn these serious and important lessons than through first-hand experience with pets. Get yourself a pet, a goldfish, or a rooster.

No comments:

Post a Comment