Saturday, January 19, 2013

Coffee (alternate version)


     Once upon a time there was a little boy who went to college. At first, he was able to sleep enough, but slowly he succumbed to the workload and became sleep deprived. One Monday morning, he was in Bucer’s and he had a vocab quiz. He was very sleepy, so he decided to drink a sixteen ounce Americano. As he readily consumed that dark liquid, all the secrets of Latin were revealed to him. He had his best quiz grade that time. He was happy, too happy.
     Most of you are slaves to a dark formless master. You have all been victims of its evil clutches. It has tainted all of you with its elusive promises of excessive energy and eccentric thought processes. Evidence of its destructive embrace can be seen in NSA. You might see a girl, with her head absorbed into the table, laughing hysterically in her sleep. The Muslim’s drink makes you believe that you can hyper actively function properly throughout the day without any sleep. Even the fulfillment of this promise is not good.                                                  Once, in distress, I succumbed to temptation and drank a sixteen-ounce Americano. Many of you know about that. But what y’all don’t know is that I wrote some of my thoughts down. Here are a few memorable ones: “My heart is palpitating like a cackle of hyperactive hyenas in a washing machine on the spin cycle “I could swear I can see how fast Pastor Wilson’s beard is growing!” “I believe that skeleton is a living entity, and it’s grinning at me?!” “My leg has decided to rebel, I bet it will soon pop off and join a hippie community.” Twelve hours after I drank coffee, the effects wore off. I was like an abandoned piece of burned bacon swimming in the white grease of disappointment.  Pope Clement knew coffee was the devil’s drink; Clement foolishly thought that he could steal it from him and “Christianize” it. Do you really want to trust the word of one of the wickedest popes in history? Why didn't he also steal Old Scratch’s pitchfork and sanctify people with it? As you can see I am in a coffee high. A coffee high is not a desirable state.
.”  “There is nothing more dangerous for me than a notebook in front of me, a pen in my right hand, and in my left, coffee!” The problem with that quote is that I am left-handed

No comments:

Post a Comment